My neighbour bought me some new muffin cups! It’s a yaaiiiyyy since i’ve been looking for it and it was always like sold out from any bake shop :-p So i started googling recipe, a simple one, less sophiticated yet tasty 😀
And here it goes, i tried this recipe from Recipee World. But i modified it by filling some raisin into the dough 😀
* 4 eggs
* 200 grams of sugar (7 ounces) –> you can add a bit coz using this amount, it doesnt taste so sweet :-p
* 1/2 teaspoon of Ovalet (Cake enhancer)
* 100 ml of fresh milk
* 150 grams of carrot, peeled and shreded
* 200 grams of medium protein flour (7 ounces)
* 1 tablespoon of corn starch (maizena)
* 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder
* Some salt
* Some orange food colouring and some raisin for filling
1. Stir the eggs, sugar and ovallet until they swell and all white. Then add in the flour, corn starch, vanilla powder and salt. Mix well.
2. Pour the milk little-by-little while mixing the dough.
3. Add the carrots, stir well.
4. Take 1/3 of the dough, then add the food colouring.
5. Pour the basic dough (not coloured) in a muffin cups that had been coated with oil, then pour the orange dough on top of the basic dough. then put some raisin on the top of it before you steam it. Steam it for about 20 minutes or so, until they’re done. Take it away.
6. Get them out from the muffin cups, decorate, and serve.
Owh please noted that you have to take out the water from shreded carrot. I did it this way: put the shreded carrot into a sieve and then punch it with your palm until the water goes out 🙂 too much water will screw your cake :-p
Owyaa, if you steam the cake, it’s better to use cooking oil for coating the cup instead of margarine. And..who called me when i was about to steam my cake? Dear, next time we’ll bake the cake, and you’ll help me coating the cup with margarine hehe 😀
And here they are, carrot cupcakes filled with raisin 🙂
And if you don’t like raisin, you can put another dried fruit into the dough. Owkay readers, you can give it a try 🙂